Thursday, April 10, 2008

To Spank or Not to Spank

So, I was perusing a movie pamphlet I sometimes get from Hollywood Video, and there were a list of movies that have been very popular to rent. On that list was a movie starring James Spader and Maggie Gyllenhaal called "The Secretary". I remember when this movie came out about five or six years ago, it seemed like it was one of those movies that didn't catch steam until it went to video.

Since I have to return some movies tonight, I decided I would check it out. However, after previewing this scene on You Tube, I have to admit, I can't wait to check it out even more. IMDB describes the plot as:

Lee Holloway is a smart, quirky woman in her twenties who returns to her hometown in Florida after a brief stay in a mental hospital. In search of relief from herself and her oppressive childhood environment, she starts to date a nerdy friend from high school and takes a job as a secretary in a local law firm, soon developing an obsessive crush on her older boss, Mr. Grey. Through their increasingly bizarre relationship, Lee follows her deepest longings to the heights of masochism and finally to a place of self-affirmation.


This is the clip that I mentioned:



Now I am certainly not hating on anyone or anything here, people like what they like. But considering that I work for a law firm, somehow I think my reaction would have been completely different...or would it?

No comments: