Monday, April 7, 2008

The Final Dance!


It is no secret that this is one of my favorite times of the year. The NCAA tournament is where you separate the boys from the men and the girls from the women. I have historically been a big DUKE fan, and I still am, even though my team hasn't done well in the tournament for the past two years.

Office pools and online pools aside, this year, the tournament was actually exciting. Who knew Dell Curry would produce a son that would put a school like Davidson on the map?? And who knew that two teams who haven't been this far in the tourney for some time would be playing each other in the title game? I realize that the NCAA tournament gives basketball fans a chance to see good old-fashioned ball without the tat-induced, money-loving business that is now the NBA. The other exciting thing about the tourney is the do-or-die attitude attached to it because it comes down to just one game.

I don't have an attachment to either team but would like to see either team win for different reasons. Memphis has a solid team, great defense, killer offense at times, and they have a brotha from the Chi that played for Simeon, so there is a slight hometown connection to them. Yet, Kansas eliminated UNC and the overrated Tyler Hansborough (Can you believe SI put him on the cover?!)from the competition. That is enough to make me love them for years to come. So, I look forward to seeing one of the best matchups to hit the Championship game in quite some time.

No comments: