Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Retraction...

I had posted yesterday about Rev. Wright. It was a post in regards to the eulogy he gave for Judge R. Eugene Pincham, and in his own way he subtly addressed the attacks on him by conservatives and the media. Some "anonymous" person left a very long comment to this post that I found disturbing. So, I decided to delete the post, which is something I almost never do. However, in the face of discussing race, slavery, etc., I am sensitive about it, because if there is one thing I know, I know my history. I cannot allow anyone to denigrate "my" history to a mistake, or a burden when for so many hundreds of years, the biggest act of terrorism I have ever seen was allowed in this country. So, in light of the fact that there are very strong, but obviously different views on race...I have chosen to keep my comments regarding it to myself. I would like to thank the anonymous commenter for continuing to open my eyes regarding how very racist this country still is.

No comments: