Friday, June 6, 2008

Windows Vista Can Kiss It...


So a little over a year ago, I went to Best Buy and purchased a brand new computer, and unfortunately for me, not one computer that was on sale had Windows XP, every single one had Vista, and that should have told me something right there.

So, I don't get to use my computer right away because I left to work on a trial for a month. When I get back, I'm in my new spot, my comp is hooked up and now I finally get to use this Vista program. Well immediately I notice that it is a bit slow, and too eager to do all of the things I want to do for me, which I can't stand.

Since then, I have found out that I can't get files, music, etc. off of my old comp because the program isn't compatible with Vista. I have DSL with AT&T, of which I don't even have my AT&T program downloaded onto my comp, because guess what, that's right, it's not compatible with Vista. My old games can't be loaded into my comp, because Vista is still giving everything the finger!!!!!

So, I am here just over a year later, and I want a different operating system. In fact, I am considering investing in a MAC, because I have had it. My computer takes forever to do everything. Downloading music, syncing my Ipod, it doesn't matter, Vista is literally chuckling at it. I am at the point where I would marry an IT guy that could actually somehow fix this without me having to go out and purchase an entirely new computer.

But wait it gets better. So, one day my computer decided to shut down on its own. When I rebooted it, it gave me this cryptic message about files being contaminated, blah blah blah, bullshyt, bullshyt, bullshyt, and so I had enough. I call Microsoft customer service, and I (of course) end up on the phone with Habib from India. After an HOUR on the phone listening to Habib read the proverbial script he's been given, I get thrown to what sounded like three people from three different countries. I put my phone on speaker, sipped a glass of wine to calm my nerves and by the time the calls landed back to the U.S., Katie from Minnesota I suppose finally gets my comp back up and running.

ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

So, in the words of Della Reese in the movie Harlem Nights...Microsoft and their crappy Vista operating system can kiss my ENTIRE ASS!

No comments: