Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Hotness - Jazmine Sullivan!

I am in the car a few weeks back and I hear this joint on the radio and I turned it waaaaayyy up. Why? Because the voice was so darn good! Now, for those who know me, they know I can't stand regular/free radio. That endless cyclical format of the same garbage doesn't agree with me, so I usually bang cds in my car.

The voice is Ms. Jazmine Sullivan, she sounds like a cross between Sarah Vaughn and Lauryn Hill, which is pretty much amazing in this day in age. Jaz who once sang on Showtime at the Apollo Kids at the age of 11 and brought the house down with "Accept What God Allows", is now about to drop her debut album. The first single "I Need You Bad," a reggae/soul influenced track produced by Missy Elliott is blazing the airwaves and I see nothing but great things for this Philly songstress.

Check her out!

No comments: